About this Job
CharityEngine is expanding its Tech Support team!
We help nonprofit fundraisers who want to fulfill their mission and influence good in the world. Our more recognizable clients include Wounded Warrior Project, Rainforest Trust, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Food Bank of Western Massachusetts. We’re a great group that loves working with each other and helping make an impact on the world by supporting our client’s needs around constituent management, online and offline donation processing, fundraising events, and marketing automation. We do company lunches every Friday and believe heartily in our company’s mission – Powering the Good to be Great. So, if this work environment matches your skillset and aspirations, CharityEngine might be an excellent choice for you!
The Tech Support team builds and maintains relationships with various clients to understand the essentials of their charitable nonprofit organization and assist clients to enable utilization of the various portions of the CharityEngine SaaS platform. This position delivers technical support to the client’s day-to-day needs related to
the use of the proprietary CharityEngine system. The Senior Software Tech Support Specialist will be responsible for maintaining agreed-upon service levels and using strong knowledge of technology and best practices, s/he must also be able to analyze calls and logs to discover any underlying issues or trends, test and evaluate new technology, suggest product / process improvements and contribute to the shared customer knowledge base.. Responsibilities will also include some training, sharing of best practices, and general operational support for clients.
Note: This position is located in our Tysons, VA office with a mixture of in-person and remote work.
- Receive incoming service requests via all accepted communication channels.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues for mid-level to complex applications and platform services such as account and data management, authentication, search, entitlement, etc. Gather information and escalate unresolved issues as needed. Provide high-level email and phone support for client’s related issues
- Processes requests and monitors/ensure that approval and fulfillment workflows are completed by both technical and non-technical personnel promptly. Develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Meet and exceed client service level agreements
- Coordinate software and service subscription upgrades with the Account Management team
- Provide troubleshooting and support using automated tools and diagnostics for various hardware and software platforms
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of technical issues. Provide timely resolutions to client support requests
- Work with CS team to expedite problem resolution
- Take ownership of assigned customer issues; research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues, and follow standard procedures for proper logging of issues as well as escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Monitor systems, processes, warning messages, etc. as required and take appropriate actions
- H.S. diploma or equivalent. BA/BS degree is preferred
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Web Application Support Engineer, or similar Software support role
- 1+ year(s) of experience with a SaaS customer help desk
- Overall awareness of the nonprofit, charitable organization space is important
- General technical savvy in computer systems; experience with CRM/ AMS/ ERPs preferred
- Strong understanding of software development processes and methods, design concepts and patterns and browser debug tools as well as ability to debug browser assets
- Excellent Customer Service; strong organizational skills and professional communication skills
- Detail-oriented; good note-taking skills, with strong follow-up, work ethic
- Able to successfully handle multiple priorities
- Certain degree of problem-solving is required
- Motivated to learn and self-created urgency to help clients
Your Work Ethic
Dependability & Reliability – I earn the trust of clients and co-workers; I deliver high-quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right; I put in the extra effort when needed.
Solution Oriented – I pragmatically find solutions to problems clients are experiencing by collaborating with management and inter-departmentally with experts that can find alternative and effective solutions to client requests.
Team player – I follow directions because my teammates depend on me; I listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from.
Honesty & Integrity – I do things the right way, because that’s the right way to do anything; I treat our clients as I would want to be treated; I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company; I act with good intentions; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Working at CharityEngine
We are proud to be an industry-leading provider for charities and nonprofit organizations for their fundraising and donor management operations.
Our goal at CharityEngine is to power the good to be great. Our natively built, all-in-one CRM helps nonprofits enrich relationships, raise money for their missions, and broaden their impact to make the world a better place.
We do it all with an intense passion for helping nonprofits operate more effectively and efficiently. We have a genuine desire to help our nonprofit clients be as successful as possible to help accomplish their mission.
We are a technology and billing solutions company that caught the nonprofit bug in 2008. That was when we saw how the technology we had built for e-commerce clients could impact the multi-channel campaign tracking and billing automation of one of the largest, fastest-growing nonprofits of the 20th century.
We are privately held and self-sustained, and we were named to the Inc. 5000 list of America's Fastest Growing Companies three times (2015, 2016, and 2017). We are proud to say we work solely in the service of nonprofits. Not a VC firm. Not an investment bank. Just nonprofits and the people who think it's cool to help change the world.
We offer comprehensive benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid leave (vacation/sick), along with company-paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, and a disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Company-paid Friday lunches
- Free parking
Job Type: Full-time