Do you have a passion for building complex software and know that your work is directly helping nonprofit organizations achieve their missions and make the world a better place? Are you energized by working in a fast-paced environment with talented software and IT engineers to solve complex problems? Do you enjoy managing a team to make sure that projects are on task and have the intended impact on users, customers, and your company?
If so, then CharityEngine might be an excellent choice for you.
As the Product Team Director, your job will be a blend of applying technical skills to write code and impact our product, managing talented technical people to ensure the team is effective, and strategic planning. The back-of-the-envelope breakdown is 60 – 65% writing code, 25 – 30% managing, and 10 – 15% strategic planning and cross-functional collaboration.
Minimum 10 years of experience writing software, inclusive of web application and non-web applications or a combination of 5 – 10 years of experience writing software and 1 – 5 years of experience leading a software team.
Note: This position is virtual but most of our team members and management are on the East Coast.
Managing a team with software developers, quality assurance engineers, and dev-ops engineers to maintain and enhance CharityEngine’s applications to ensure that fixes and features are developed and deployed within our defined service level agreements
Collaborating with the team to write code as a contributor but also to review code and ensure that coding standards are maintained as the product and team grows
Communicating team goals and progress outside of the team to various parts of the organization that are dependent on fixes and features weekly, monthly, quarterly, or as needed
Working with sales, client services, and leadership to ensure that product team priorities are aligned with customers and growth objectives
Ensuring that new features are documented and shared with other departments to support product marketing, sales, and customer service
Participating in marketing webinars from time to time to promote product features and their value to our customers
Engaging customers from time to time to gather feedback to influence the product roadmap
Collaborating with Sales and Client Services as needed to obtain market and customer needs to influence the product roadmap
- C#: Expert
- Visual Studio: Expert
- SQL: Expert or Intermediate
- HTML: Expert
- CSS: Expert or Intermediate
Networking Proficiencies: IIS, SMTP, FTP, IP, DNS
- Self-motivated to exceed objectives
- Excited by writing code, solving complex problems, and working with both engineers and other parts of the business
- Able to communicate effectively with engineers and business users
- Leads by example, galvanizes the team around strategic initiatives, and sets processes in place to help achieve team goals
- Values honesty and constructive debate to enhance team culture and performance
- Obsesses over technology but is grounded in its use as a tool and gets more satisfaction over the product it creates than the actual technology itself
- Ability to understand business applications and align scalable solutions to them
- Brings ideas and pushes initiative to make the team perform better
- Finds effective and scalable solutions to meet team and product needs
- Contributes and holds teammates accountable to team goals
We are a technology and billing solutions company that caught the nonprofit bug in 2008. That was when we saw how the technology we had built for e-commerce clients could impact the multi-channel campaign tracking and billing automation of one of the largest, fastest-growing nonprofits of the 20th century.
We are privately held and self-sustained, and we were named to the Inc. 5000 list of America's Fastest Growing Companies three times (2015, 2016, and 2017). We are proud to say we work solely in the service of nonprofits. Not a VC firm. Not an investment bank. Just nonprofits and the people who think it's cool to help change the world.
We offer comprehensive benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid leave (vacation/sick), along with company-paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, and a disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Free parking
Job Type: Full-time