About this Job
Do you have a passion for creating, crafting, and editing video? Is storytelling your gift to the world? Does teaching others to succeed and empowering others to be better in their own role something that you obsess over? Are you looking for a full-time position that allows you the opportunity to create multiple videos every month while pushing your creative limits?
If so, then CharityEngine might be an excellent choice for you.
As the videographer, your job will entail producing video content that aligns with the brand, mission, and goals of our company. As the visual storyteller, you will handle pre-production, shooting footage, editing, managing creative assets, analyzing and reporting, and maintaining all video equipment. As the voice for video, you will be the trusted resource for implementing and supporting a culture of video.
You will carry out the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. These duties may include the transport, setup, and operation of equipment and helping with staging, set preparation, and dressing.
You will work closely with the content manager, marketing manager, and sales team to execute projects from concept through completion.
Note: This position is located in our Tysons, VA office with a mixture of in-person and remote work.
- Determining what camera equipment is necessary and obtain equipment if needed
- Transporting, setting up, and operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production
- Operating and maintaining proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Collecting b-roll footage, as well as interviewing staff and/or clients
- Assisting in the social sharing of the video content
- Working closely with sales and services teams to finalize video topics
- Developing and owning the video editorial calendar in connection with the written content calendar as needed
- Working closely with the sales team to refine, set up, and perfect their 1:1 and 1:many videos
- The ability to maintain consistent project management and process that will allow you to create 2-3 videos per week consistently
- Creating, uploading, optimizing, and reporting on content for our YouTube channel
- Owning all aspects of production including, but not limited to:
- Pre-production scripting and collaboration
- Production set up, execution, and striking
- Post-production editing and publication
- Reporting on assessing effectiveness of video content
- Assisting in maintaining the video hosting platform (Vidyard) and understanding best practices
- Coaching and educating the team on the latest video technologies, how to use it, and owning the implementation of it in our company
- Proficient with Video Editing Software (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
- Experience with Adobe After Effects or Motion are preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are a plus
- Proficient at storyboarding, scripting, and concepting
- Understand basic and advanced composition techniques
- Understand the fundamentals of branding
- Very detail-oriented and able to identify quality issues in audio and video
- Proficient interview skills and getting the most out of on-camera talent
- Graphic design experience a major plus
- Attention to detail, quick thinking, and a demonstrated ability to shoot video
- Proven experience working with a team and driven by developing the best video content
- Ability to learn new skills and find ongoing learning opportunities for film techniques
- Open-minded about video production, with the ability to make our company’s video strategy a reality
- Owns the production process and does what it takes to make great content
- Possesses an executive producer mindset
- Self-starting and treats the brand as your own
- Deals well with criticism and able to collect feedback easily
- Excellent communication skills and able to interview and make people comfortable
- Energetic and able to excite people to be on camera
- Looks at the content from the eye of the viewer to create the best experience
- Curious, lifelong learner and able to identify new learning opportunities
Bonus Points if:
- You have contagious enthusiasm that makes others light up when you enter the room
- You are obsessed with improving your personal skills, learning every day, and embracing modern technology (like AR, VR, etc.)
- You love feedback and are a team player
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and, therefore, treat the position as if it were your own company
- You are awesome. And because you are awesome, we absolutely want you to be part of the team at CharityEngine.
We are a technology and billing solutions company that caught the nonprofit bug in 2008. That was when we saw how the technology we had built for e-commerce clients could impact the multi-channel campaign tracking and billing automation of one of the largest, fastest-growing nonprofits of the 20th century.
We are privately held and self-sustained, and we were named to the Inc. 5000 list of America's Fastest Growing Companies three times (2015, 2016, and 2017). We are proud to say we work solely in the service of nonprofits. Not a VC firm. Not an investment bank. Just nonprofits and the people who think it's cool to help change the world.
We offer comprehensive benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid leave (vacation/sick), along with company paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, and a disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Company paid Friday lunches
- Free parking
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Cover Letter
Please submit a video cover letter. This submission should be a selfie-style video, shot on a webcam or smartphone that shows off personality as opposed to production skills. It shouldn’t use transition effects, or jump cuts, it should be a complete take answering the below questions in one clip. The best way to submit this video is by using a free Vidyard account, and sending us a link to your video. This submission is not a test of the applicant’s production skills.
- Sizzle Reel
Please submit a reel of the work you have done that shows off your range of video skills and abilities. Please use a free tool like Vidyard and send us the link to your video.